Unstable synch, unable to get the PL adapters synchronized

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-04 07:16:56
Region : Italy

Model : TL-PA211KIT

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I 've gotten a pair of Powerline TL-PA211 (TL-PA211KIT) adapters. I'm trying to synch themselves so that I will be able to use the cabled connections instead of the wireless one.

Unfortunately, this seems to be very hard: the two adapters fail to synchronize, even with the Powerline Utility which I've set the “ network name“ with.

To be more precise, the “ house“ icon (the one in the middle, meaning that they are synched together) is not on. It gets on for some time, and then disconnects. I don't know why.

Please, help. Thanks in advance.

Tyrexionibus
Options
3 Reply
Re:Unstable synch, unable to get the PL adapters synchronized
2014-11-04 10:05:41
Both of them are plugged into wall sockets?
Just reset them and test in the same room.
Options
2014-11-09 00:48:27

Ada wrote

Both of them are plugged into wall sockets?
Just reset them and test in the same room.

Yes, they are. No additional plugs or cables: 1 PL adapter = 1 exclusive, reserved wall socket for it.

In the same room, they are working fine. I want to use them in different floors: in this case, I'm getting the Powerline LED blinking on one of them. In the same room they both blink.

I've reset them, changed the “network name“ many times with the Powerline Utility.. with no effort.

Internet works even without the Powerline LED on (because the Ethernet LED is blinking in both), but I'm experiencing issues this way. For example, I'm getting a strange “buzz“ on my (wired) home phone line.

I've not tried to pair them using the reset buttons because this has driven me to an impasse.

My diagnosis ends here. Please note that the different floors belong to the same electrical panel, no other electric phase, voltage or connection.

What can I do?
Options
2014-11-10 14:05:45
If they work in the same room, it means that they have been paired successfully. But they cannot work in different rooms, it means that your wiring in the house is not proper for powerline adapters. But if possible, you may replace them or test them in different environment to verify.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 198

Replies: 3

Related Articles