poor speeds with TL-PA4010PKIT

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-15 05:18:23
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

so today i purchased this powerline adapter kit, i hooked it all up very quickly, and when i came to test my speeds they were very poor. well the download speed was very poor around 3-5mbps but the upload speed was the usual 17-19mbps which is very odd, why
has my download gone poor but not my upload (usual speeds of 70-75 down), i bought these to see if they would help with my latency and just in general give me a solid speed.

can the house wiring affect the speeds? i tried the adapters all over the house with no difference, i know the adapters have to be directly in the plug socket but what about the router it plugs into, does that also need to be plugged into a mains socket?, as my router
and modem are connected via a extension.
Options
1 Reply
Re:poor speeds with TL-PA4010PKIT
2014-11-17 17:31:08
Wiring affects the speed indeed. You'd better check rate displayed on utility when powerline adaptera are in the same room and in different rooms.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 762

Replies: 1

Related Articles