Intermittent Upload Drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-15 19:30:31
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA411

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

Hello!

A while back, I installed the TP-Link AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter (Model No. TL-PA411) in my home, and it was working flawlessly, as well as very quickly. Recently, however, I've started having problems with the kit which are most evident while I'm playing multiplayer games. Somehow, my upload stops completely during the game for a good 10-15 seconds at a time every twenty minutes or so. I know I don't lose internet connection completely because I can still hear my friends talking in chat programs like TeamSpeak perfectly (but they cannot hear me at all), and in certain games I can still see damage numbers appearing and the screen turning red, even though my character isn't moving, like everyone else on the map. So, evidently the upload stops while the download, or some part of it, is still going.

Although I doubt this has anything to do with it, from my computer to the socket I installed an extended ethernet cable from Sandstrom because the length of the one that came with the adapters was less than ideal. On the other end of the adapters, the one connected to the modem is, admittedly, plugged into a surge protector, but for the first few months of using the adapters this was never a problem, and in any case there's no possibility of plugging the modem-side adapter directly into a wall socket because the architect of this house fell out with the electrician and the situation is as it is.

Is there any advice you can give me to help solve this issue? Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Simon.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Intermittent Upload Drops
2014-11-17 17:19:37
Simon, did you install the utility? With the utility, under Advanced, you can try to choose online game to see what happens.
Options
Re:Intermittent Upload Drops
2014-11-19 04:13:38

Ada wrote

Simon, did you install the utility? With the utility, under Advanced, you can try to choose online game to see what happens.

Hi Ada.

Yes, I have the utility installed, and Online Game has been selected since installation. I can try to use other settings to see if that gives any effect, like "Internet", for instance. I have the sneaking suspicion that Virgin are doing another one of their "upgrades" in my area, since most of my internet problems can be attributed to them, but I can't really confirm this. Anyway, I'll try switching the setting to see what happens. Thank you for the suggestion.

~ Simon.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 310

Replies: 2

Related Articles