Powerline Adaptor - Doesnt Assign IP?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-16 11:14:27
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have recently set up my WPA4220. I wish to use it as a network extender - and thus assigned the same network name and password as the original network ( I do not have a WPS enable router thus manually configured this using the browser feature of the device). This was successful, as I can see the network exists in the room where the WPA4220 is plugged in (which was not so earlier).

The issue is accessing the internet. When trying to connect devices to the network -

> There is no IP assigned to my devices - even though the devices show that they are "connected"
>In devices such as phone I do not get the familiar connected "wave" symbol - even though in the settings it shows connected.

Do we have to assign static IPs to each device trying to connect using the network extender? - how can this be done?

Regards,
Options
1 Reply
Re:Powerline Adaptor - Doesnt Assign IP?
2014-11-17 17:12:14
Did you purchase a pair of powerline adapters or just WPA4220? How about powerline light on the adapter?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 1