Can't login router after a while after upgraded lastest firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-18 06:04:33
Region : Spain

Model : TL-WR710N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TL-WR710N_V1_140922

ISP : Jazztel (Spain)

Hi,

I've upgraded my TL-WR710N to the lastest firmware available (TL-WR710N_V1_140922) and since then, after a while (10 or 15 minutes) I cannot connect to the web console (from LAN neither WAN). Firefox/Firefox/IE show a message that claims that the page cannot be reached, so I have to turn off and on the router. When it had TL-WR710N_V1_130419 the problem was that I couldn't reach the web console from WAN ("You don't have authority to access this page") unless you typed the real IP instead URL. Now the issue was solved and I can type my URL domain and access the router from outside LAN, but after a few minutes it shows the message I told you before and the only solution is turn off and on the machine (and of course, I cannot do that if I'm outside home). Am I doing something wrong or it's a "solve and issue and make a new one" situation? I've already reset it, upgrade again, retype the settings... and nothing works.
Options
14 Reply
Re:Can't login router after a while after upgraded lastest firmware
2014-11-18 16:58:26
When you cannot login locally, can you ping 192.168.0.254 successfully? Internet is still working?
Options
2014-11-18 18:58:44
Thanks for answering so soon.

Sure, I forgot to mention that. Internet services continue to work and I've got ping response from 192.168.1.2 (router's IP). The only issue is that I need to turn off and on the router so I can access web console again.
Options
2014-11-19 10:01:24
Normally, if we can ping it, we should be able to login its web interface. I'm not sure what's wrong...:(
Options
2014-11-19 20:12:55
Yeah, I know. That's the reason I'm asking. Firefox/Chrome/IE show this message: "Can't connect. Try again". I'm dowgrading the firmware to TL-WR710N_V1_130419 (with that version is hard to connect from WAN, but it works, with the new one it's impossible) until a new firmware was released.
Options
Same problem
2015-03-31 04:41:09
I'm having the same issue. I'm using a beta version of the firmware with the Chromecast fix. When will a new version of the firmware be coming out that will wrap all these fixes into one?
Options
2015-03-31 11:22:06
Hi Ryan, you'd better describe the problem in details here. TP-LINK may test if it is true. :)
http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
Options
2015-05-06 05:55:22
It's me again ;-)

I've read the previous answers and opened a support ticket but the only answer I've got is that maybe I have to set all my devices to a static IP address (I've already have) and check the wires (the wired network is OK, the point is that I can access the web interface for the first 15-20min only and after that I can navigate and ping the router but I cannot access the web interface).
So we can't count on TP-LINK on this issue. There was no problem with the previous firmware, so I guess it's a new "feature" in the lastest firm.:mad:
Options
2015-05-06 18:03:02
I think it's easy to confirm.
CMD->Telnet router's IP 80
The default IP is 192.168.0.254. If you can get in, the web-interface is still working. But if it don't response you, there maybe something wrong with the web-interface.

falconchips wrote

It's me again ;-)

I've read the previous answers and opened a support ticket but the only answer I've got is that maybe I have to set all my devices to a static IP address (I've already have) and check the wires (the wired network is OK, the point is that I can access the web interface for the first 15-20min only and after that I can navigate and ping the router but I cannot access the web interface).
So we can't count on TP-LINK on this issue. There was no problem with the previous firmware, so I guess it's a new "feature" in the lastest firm.:mad:
Options
2015-05-06 23:27:11
Hello,

I've got the same trouble today on my WR1043ND with last firmware recently installed.
I'm very surprised because everything appears OK, except the login page not displayed by Firefox or IE.
My first idea is the login page is buggy (because not standard), but I have to do more tests to confirm...
Options
2015-05-21 20:52:19

stangang wrote

I think it's easy to confirm.
CMD->Telnet router's IP 80
The default IP is 192.168.0.254. If you can get in, the web-interface is still working. But if it don't response you, there maybe something wrong with the web-interface.

Hi, I've tried telnet router ip (192.168.1.1) and there is no response (connection error on port 23), but it still work with ping and web navigation. It's only a web interface issue that was not present in the previous firmware. I thought about a downgrade, but the previous firmware had other issues: cannot access to web interface by typying the url; it only works if you type the public ip address.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1938

Replies: 14

Related Articles