How do I extend wifi throughout outbuildings, after using extender to get it there?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How do I extend wifi throughout outbuildings, after using extender to get it there?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-25 07:34:44
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Bt

I have purchased a number of WPA-42220 power line plugs which I have to say are awesome. Problem is i need to spread wif throughout an outbuilding and i dont want to have to use wires to get it there and its on a separate electrical circuit..
I have used an extender to get wifi to the other building but am now stuck as I cant seem to us the WPA-4220's to spread the wifi (on the back of the extender) throughout the building.

Has anyone got any ideas, better suggestions.
Thanks in advance
Lowey
Options
3 Reply
Re:How do I extend wifi throughout outbuildings, after using extender to get it there?
2014-11-25 11:35:23
Cannot, Lowey. Powerline devices have to work behind the same electrical circuit, otherwise, they will not be able to communicate with each other properly. What's the distance between two buildings, any obstacles?

Options
Re:How do I extend wifi throughout outbuildings, after using extender to get it there?
2014-11-25 18:22:26
10 metres - no obstacles and in kitchen of 2nd building it picks up a perfect wifi signal from main BT hub. If I get wifi to the kitchen area can I then use the powerline plugs I have in the 2nd building (all on same electric circuit)?
cheers Mavis
Options
2014-11-26 14:29:24
In #1 and #3, what you said are different. So two buildings are in the same electric circuit or not?
If not, you can purchase a range extender, like WA850RE.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 815

Replies: 3