TL-WPA4220 and wireless multicast traffic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-10 20:01:11
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : TL-WPA4220(EU)_V1_140401

ISP : Vodafone

I have 3 Powerline devices on my network -- a pair of PA6010s and a WPA4220. They are all paired via the same Powerline network name.

I also have 3 wireless access points in my house: my router, an Apple Airport Extreme, and the WPA4220.

Mostly, everything works well. However, when devices are connected to the WiFi on the WPA4220, it appears that Bonjour/multicast traffic does not pass between them correctly. Specific examples:

- The devices cannot see my AppleTV, which has a wired connection to the WPA4220, when the AppleTV is sleeping
- The devices cannot see the iTunes library on my Macbook when it is sleeping, even though iTunes was running when I put it to sleep
- iSyncr app on my Android phone cannot see the iSyncr app on my Macbook (iSyncr being an iTunes playlist sync application)

If I turn off the WiFi on the WPA4220, and have everything connect to one of the two other wireless access points in my house, all of the above scenarios work again, as they are supposed to.

This sounds similar to the issues described in this TP-LINK FAQ, but I see nothing about the WPA4220 there. I am running the latest firmware, TL-WPA4220(EU)_V1_140401. On my router, uPnP and "IGMP snooping" are enabled, but "IGMP proxy" is disabled -- those are the only IGMP settings I appear to have.

Any suggestions?
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 and wireless multicast traffic
2014-12-11 14:11:07
I see the notes on their webste and it mentions that wired IGMP issue with AES encrypted wireless has been fixed.
Not sure what is going on in your side. Maybe report it here. http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm
Options
Re:TL-WPA4220 and wireless multicast traffic
2014-12-11 19:17:22

Mavis wrote

I see the notes on their webste and it mentions that wired IGMP issue with AES encrypted wireless has been fixed.
Not sure what is going on in your side. Maybe report it here. http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm

Thanks, I've opened ticket #87319 for this.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1409

Replies: 2

Related Articles