WPA4220 not connecting to my broadband

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-16 21:44:18
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

Hi, I hope someone can help as I don't have a clue!

I have the WPA4220 single extender, I did the wifi clone setup by plugging in the extender near my router, pressed the wps on the router, then the clone button on the extender, the lights did all the things it said it would do, I then plugged it in upstairs in my office, the PC and Laptop both had full wifi signal connecting to my BTHub5, perfect!

This was around 2 weeks ago and yesterday when I typed in a domain which doesn't exist I got a Virgin Media error page, so I went to speedtest.net and it was showing under my IP address as Virgin Media, but the connecting was showing BTHub5, now I can't seem to get my extender to connect to my BT Broadband, it's always as Virgin despite resetting, trying again etc.

Any ideas how I can make the extender connect to my BT broadband?

Thanks
Darren
Options
2 Reply
Re:WPA4220 not connecting to my broadband
2014-12-17 17:33:59
Disconnect powerline adapters from your network and test if all work normally as they should be.
Powerline adapters are still communicating with each other? How about PLC LEDs on them?
Options
Re:WPA4220 not connecting to my broadband
2014-12-17 18:19:18
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean, I only have one adapter.

Even when I go in manually and change the SSID and password to the same as my BT Hub it gives me full signal etc but says I'm connected to virgin on the speedtest.net page.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 916

Replies: 2

Related Articles