85Mbps powerline adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-17 07:27:15
Region : Belgium

Model : TL-PA210

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

Please dont look to the artikelnumber. I have 3 TL-PA101 v2 powerline adapters and I want to put an 200 mbps or an 500mbps extra adapter to this network.
Will these 85 mbps adapters work withe the 200 or 500mbps adapters??

Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:85Mbps powerline adapters
2014-12-17 16:42:53
I don't think so. PA101's standard is HomePlug 1.0, while 200 mbps or 500mbps powerline adapters' standard is homeplug AV.
Options
Re:85Mbps powerline adapters
2014-12-17 21:32:52
The spec provides for the possibility of interoperability between 1.0 and AV. From the HomePlug AV whitepaper (emphasis is mine):

The AV PHY enables coexistence and interoperability with HomePlug 1.0 devices. The specification requires coexistence but interoperability is optional. Coexistence means that AV devices are capable of the low-level communications with 1.0 devices needed to share the medium, but not necessarily the ability to communicate payload data. An optionally interoperable device has the ability to communicate payload data with 1.0 devices.

So the spec provides that a separate 1.0 and AV network should coexist peacefully on the same set of wires, but whether they can communicate with each other is up to the manufacturer to implement. You might want to try to open up a ticket with TP-Link to see if they can tell you directly whether that was done.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 602

Replies: 2