Communication between devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-18 01:27:51
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

hey

i am not sure if i understood the secured network concept correctly.

if all devices are within the same secure network they are able to talk to each other.
what happens if some devices are so far apart from eachother that the website show the opposite device as offline?

between these two devices is a 3rd one which is connected to the router.

i assume that i will still be able to connect to the internet. BUT if i want to connect to devices attached to the two outer 4220s (which are not able to detect eachother) they wont be able to talk, right?

greets
patrick
Options
2 Reply
Re:Communication between devices
2014-12-19 17:14:06
A second or third powerline adapter needs to communicate with the one connected to the main router, so that you can access internet. Thus, your router is assigning IP address for all clients...
As all device are in the same subnet, they should be able to talk theoretically.
Options
Re:Communication between devices
2014-12-23 18:52:32
thx for the info

its just weird because when you check the powerline adaptor communication page, some of them are grey ... its confusing...
so to be clear... its not a big deal if not all of the adapters "see" each other, as long as a router is used who directs the eth packets to the right destination, correct?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1055

Replies: 2

Related Articles