Powerline Utility Software Runtime Error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-21 10:25:09
Region : United Kingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.1.0.848-02

ISP :

Hi all,

On Thursday last week the support staff sent me a Beta Firmware Update (1.1.0.848-02) as I've been having problems all year with the random loss of network connectivity It's a widely known issue and many people have suffered the same problem if you look at these forums. However, the update seems to be doing the trick accept I am now getting a new problem with the Powerline Utility Software which has started crashing at random intervals. I get an on-screen C++Runtime Error as follows (see image)

Has anyone else encountered this issue or know how to prevent it from happening??

Options
4 Reply
Re:Powerline Utility Software Runtime Error
2014-12-23 09:21:41
Tried on a different PC? You should report this issue to the support staff directly.
Options
2014-12-24 03:08:44
I fail to see how trying the Powerline Utility on another computer will make any difference! The issue has been caused as a direct consequence of applying the beta firmware update listed above. Support do not seem to knowledgeable and simply say that I can uninstall the powerline utility after applying the firmware update. That makes no sense however as the powerline utility is required for certain tasks as well we know.
Options
2014-12-24 15:27:13
Better try on another PC, C++ runtime error could also be caused by unknown software changes on the specific computer. If another computer shows the same error message when running the utility, at least you can confirm that it is a fault caused by the beta.
Options
2014-12-24 17:07:13
You can give a try to uninstall & install the powerline utility.

The firmware is running on TL-WPA281, and the utility is running on your PC. So firmware and utility, they are irrelevant and won't affect with each other.
Utility will only obtain or send some information from or to TL-WPA281.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 812

Replies: 4