Power ring circuit question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-23 20:21:37
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have bought a wifi powerline extender and wanted to know it is the right thing for me before I open and unseal the box.
My house has a pretty serious electric wiring system installed with almost each room being on it's own circuit with its own trip fuse.
Does the powerline kit only work if it plugged into the same circuit?
Will it work in my house if neally every room is on a different circuit?
Thanks for the help.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Power ring circuit question
2014-12-24 14:52:04
I think, as long as the sockets are under the same electric meter, it should work.
Options
Re:Power ring circuit question
2014-12-25 00:44:37
These will generally work if the outlets in question are on the same leg, or "phase", of the house's power. I don't really know what home wiring is like in the UK, but here in the States houses commonly have two legs, and the breaker boxes are wired such that every other row of breakers is on the same leg (i.e. rows are alternating legs). Trying to use powerline adapters between different legs will usually provide poor or no connection. There are options for improving that (see "phase coupler"), but I don't have any personal experience with those.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 953

Replies: 2

Related Articles