TL-WN823N does not search or connect to only one network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-27 22:25:03
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WN823N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

Greetings and merry christmas to you all!

I have been wondering if anybody would be so nice as to help me a little:

I have problems connecting to the internet that began yesterday evening. Before that, everything has been working fine.

Right now, the adapter does not discover our wi-fi (but sees our neighbours') and when it appeares once in a while, even though I connect to it, the Internet does not work.
Could anybody please help me with solving this problem?

I tried restarting both the moder/router and the computer. I checked all the settings, turned off the firewall, but nothing seems to work..

(I am a newbie with these kinds of things, so please, please, please speak as un-technically as you can, so it gets through :) )

Many thanks!
Pete~
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WN823N does not search or connect to only one network
2014-12-29 11:43:16
1. Log into your router, find the wireless settings, change the wireless channel to 6. Save and reboot.

2. If step1 doesn't work, re-install the wireless adapter via Device Manager.
Options
Re:TL-WN823N does not search or connect to only one network
2015-01-03 23:37:21
I have this exact problem myself, and have had for a few days now. I've changed my router's channel to 6, and re-installed the adapter, but to no avail. It still just disconnects every 5 minutes or so. Could it be a hardware related fault?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1956

Replies: 2