Changing Channel in AP Mode / WISP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-12-30 03:17:34
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I live in an apartment complex where the internet is delivered for each apartment by a router. When you log on to the router, you have to fill in a username and password - each and every time, which was driving me crazy.

I purchased and started using the MR3020 in AP / WISP Mode. My laptop works fine. My blackberry seems to be working ok . My IOS devices were working properly, but now, all of them, without exception, show that they are connected to the MR3020 at full signal strength, but simply do not work. Whatsapp, some other programs, including speed test do work.

However, that may be because some data trickles through and I am beginning to think this is because the MR3020 in AP / WISP Mode is on the wrong channel. I would like to change the channel (to 6 from 11) and perhaps restrict the signal to a/b/g - but there is no option which I can find in the router administration pages to be able to do this.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks,
C80
Options
1 Reply
Re:Changing Channel in AP Mode / WISP
2014-12-30 17:41:45
Try to change DNS on MR3020 to 8.8.8.8 on DHCP---DHCP Settings page.
Bypassing MR3020, can you access internet normally as before?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 960

Replies: 1