TL-PA411 Kit - speed decrease from original 8 Mbit to 2 Mbit after month of usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-PA411 Kit - speed decrease from original 8 Mbit to 2 Mbit after month of usage

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-04 08:05:28
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA411KIT

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 1

ISP : PlusNet

Hello! Trying to figure out an internet speed drop which occurred randomly (for no obvious reason). Router is in one room, connected to device A, - laptop is in the other room, connected to device B from AV500 Nano Powerline Adapter TL-PA411 Kit.

After original installation it would secure an internet speed of around 8 Mbit, while connected to the router which provides 12 Mbit internet connection.

Then something happened (I've checked, we did not add any electronic appliances, and the speed on the router is still 12Mbit) - but the speed has dropped down to consistent 2 Mbit falling down to 0.5 Mbit (was checking with both speedtest and downloads).

Both kits are plugged exactly into the same wall sockets (not extension chords). As there is no reference to V-anything on the back of devices - so I assume those are V1 hardware and firmware versions kits. I tried to plug in devices into different wall outlets to no avavail - even in the same room.

I also tried to press pair buttons for 10 sec, and re pair them by pressing each one for 1 sec within 60 seconds. Connection reestablished, but the speed is still circa 2 Mbit (which is way too slow for my purposes).
Again, can't think of anything really that has changed between the devices working at 8 Mbit and current 2 Mbit... Would appreciate your help/advice on this issue!

PS. I've also downloaded the utility - it shows in Network page - "Device1 - 17 Mbps"
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA411 Kit - speed decrease from original 8 Mbit to 2 Mbit after month of usage
2015-01-05 17:39:04
Reset both to factory defaults using the utility. Connect them in the same room and check the rate displayed in utility.
Options
Re:TL-PA411 Kit - speed decrease from original 8 Mbit to 2 Mbit after month of usage
2015-01-05 17:43:06
Thank you - did that. Here are speeds/screens of utility with adapters being:
1. Same room (1 meters)
2. Same room (3 meters - opposite wall)
3. Corridor (10 meters)
4. Original spot (15 meters, next room), does not even establish connection anymore :(

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 892

Replies: 2

Related Articles