Archer C9 - differences between US and UN firmware versions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-06 17:27:27
Region : UnitedStates

Model : C8

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Can anyone tell me the diffence between the US and the UN firmware versions for Archer C9?
Is there a difference in transmit power?

Thanks.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C9 - differences between US and UN firmware versions
2015-01-06 22:25:05
In US version the default region is US.
In UN version the default region is not US. That is the only difference.

This tiny modification on US version is required by local regulations in US, which make no difference for users.
Options
2015-01-07 05:26:12
Are there any plans to implement Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) and Transmitter Power Control (TPC) in future firmware versions?
Options
2015-01-07 09:17:41
I don't know about their plans. But as far as I know, DFS feature only applies to channel 52~64 and 100~140, if the device doesn't open these channels, it doesn't need implement of DFS. Once they open those channels, maybe in the future, they must implement DFS.
Options
2015-01-07 09:20:06

mbambor wrote

Are there any plans to implement Dynamic Frequency Selection (DFS) and Transmitter Power Control (TPC) in future firmware versions?

Hi, I don't know about their plans. But as far as I know, DFS feature only applies to channel 52~64 and 100~140, if the device doesn't open these channels, it doesn't need implement of DFS. Once they open those channels, maybe in the future, they must implement DFS.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1257

Replies: 4

Related Articles