TP-Link TL-PA551KIT crashing router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-06 22:37:26
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : INT7400-MAC-5-2-5233-02-968-20120209-FINAL-B

ISP : SKY Fibre

Hi all,

I've been experiencing a really annoying network issue for some time now and believe it is related to one of the PA551KIT powerline adapters.

Basically when I have the issue I notice one or all of the following symptoms:

I'm connected via wireless to my network but cannot access internet or any local device
[*]I am connected via wires to my network but cannot access internet or any local device (either connected directly to the router or to the other end of the powerline adapter)
[*]I cannot connect to wireless at all

It seems to happen once a week - sometimes more frequently.

As soon as I disconnect the powerline devices from the sky router, the problem seems to go away. As soon as I plug them back in again, it all happens within a min or so. The only thing that seems to keep it stable is to go around the house, power all powerline devices off (along with anything plugged into it) and then power everything back on again.

I've tried resetting the devices using the utility software as well as holding down the reset button and then re-syncing them but still the problem seems to crop up again after a week or so.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Chris
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-Link TL-PA551KIT crashing router
2015-01-07 15:22:00
Very strange issue. Is it possible for you to test powerline adapters in different environment?
Options
Re:TP-Link TL-PA551KIT crashing router
2015-01-07 18:00:31
Unfortunately I don't have another network environment in which I can test them. It's also rather difficult to leave them unplugged for any long duration as it provides network access to some devices I need running.

Thanks
Chris
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 444

Replies: 2