WA850RE bombs on finish of configuration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-06 22:56:29
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP : Telecentro

I have tried to quick configure this unit using either my tablet or cell phone with the same results. I am able to see the Extender in my WiFi list. I connect to it. Put 192.168.0.254 in my browser. I can get through the entire installation with no issues. When I press finish, it hangs. I then get a message to either reconnect to network or to try again. The Extender disappears from the list. The extender is not configured. I am not doing a custom install, I am copying.

Any ideas why this won't save the configuration? Thanks.
Options
2 Reply
Re:WA850RE bombs on finish of configuration
2015-01-07 11:01:43
The hardware version is v1 or v1.2?
How about status of all lights on it after you finish the configuration?
Hard reset it and login the web interface again. On its status page, check firmware version of the extender.
Upgrade the latest firmware and reconfigure it.
Options
Re:WA850RE bombs on finish of configuration
2015-01-08 20:19:53
When I press finish, it hangs. I then get a message to either reconnect to network or to try again. The Extender disappears from the list.

It is normal the extender disappears from the list when you finish the last step. The range extender will copy the wifi name(SSID) and password from your main router. So when it is configured, the original TP-LINK Wi-Fi will no longer show because it has changed to the same name as your main router's Wi-Fi.

Check the RE light on the unit, If the RE light shows up, it means the configuration is done. Just wait for 1.5 minutes, when you see RE light shows on and the single LED (half circle LEDs) is on, setup is successful. You will see only one SSID in the list but with stronger signal.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 825

Replies: 2