Archer C2 Wired Network Speed drop off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C2 Wired Network Speed drop off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
41 Reply
Re:Archer C2 Wired Network Speed drop off
2015-12-11 02:06:22

RedBaron1701 wrote

I am also experiencing this issue with my Archer C2. To add to the information I have seen this problem on my powerline adapters TL-PA2010 where I can't adjust the shutdown/reduce speed on powerdown option. Furthermore when one of my PC's was experiencing this issue if I unplugged another ethernet cable from the router switch the affected PC would then get full speed until I re-connected that cable.

Sounds like a faulty switch and/or switch not getting sufficient power.

Not a fan of MediaTek hardware like the C2 as MediaTek don't test their hardware and interoperability with other hardware to the same extent that other vendors like Broadcom and Atheros do.

Are there any settings for the on-board wireless switch?

Unlikely but it's worth checking.

The C2's switch may be selectively entering a 10Mbit link rate mode for some or all ports while port/switch is at low utilisation to reduce power draw and not increasing link rate upon increased utilisation.

Would be helpful if people that have the issue and get replacements that don't have the issue state their hardware revisions for original and replacement as only one or some hardware revisions may be affected.
Options