Archer C7 V2 internet keeps dropping multiple times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 V2 internet keeps dropping multiple times a day

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
31 Reply
Same issue here
2015-02-10 05:04:54
Hi guys,

Same issue as above. Only my wired connection is working, both wireless connections fail :(

Turning off my Hardware NAT resulted in a factory reset as i couldn't even login using the web-interface after that..

Please have a fix?
The device worked fine for 2 months, new firmware worked great for 3 weeks..

Anyone have an answer?

Grz and thnx.
Options
Re:Archer C7 V2 internet keeps dropping multiple times a day
2015-02-10 09:37:45
To turn off Hardware NAT won't cause it except that you disable NAT as well.
Are you connecting to 2.4GHz only or dual band?
How many wireless clients there?
The router is on all the time or you power it off everyday?
Did you try different channel, channel width etc.?
Options
2015-02-10 19:49:46
Hello sblock,

Turning off Hardware NAT leads to a router reboot. It is so unavailable for a while, this is why you was not able to log in (for about 1 minute).
Options
2015-02-10 20:35:19
Hi,

I did a factory reset myself because I couldn't login to the web interface anymore.

Finally, after a few hours, I now have wireless internet. But now my wired is down. I can login to the router fine, but no internet through wired.
I finally got wireless working by installing a windows update and being able to turn off hardware NAT.
But now this new problem?
Can any of you guys help me out with this problem?

Thnx
Options
2015-02-10 21:15:15
Strike that, only my mobile has internet now.. And only wired can connect to the router.
Router has internet, the diagnostic screen gives perfect pings.

I only have 5 wireless devices connected, and one wired.
I'm getting sick of this. All the time Something different happens...
Options
Partialy solved?
2015-02-11 05:14:10
Hi,

I did another factory reset because my internet still wouldn't work on my laptops and desktops. I only configured the 2.4 settings, left the 5G settings as is, and now it has been working for the better part of the day!!!
So my 5G is sill alive (not sure if it's working, i don't want to jinx it) but it's on the default settings..so unused.

I will see how it goes, and check other discussions for the 5G part..

Thank you guys for thinking about my problems :D

Greetings.
Options
2015-02-13 19:25:19
Hello sblock,

Thank you for the feedback.
Don't you have the possibility to disable the 5Ghz band in your TP-Link v2 ? I got the Archer C7 v1 and my current firmware enables me to manage them separately, using the menu "Dual Band Selection".
Options
Possible solution
2015-02-13 22:54:38

sblock wrote

Strike that, only my mobile has internet now.. And only wired can connect to the router.
Router has internet, the diagnostic screen gives perfect pings.

I only have 5 wireless devices connected, and one wired.
I'm getting sick of this. All the time Something different happens...

I had this issue on my C5 where you could ping from the router diagnostic screen but have no traffic from the PC.

And I found a solution.

When it next happens, on the router go to "Security" then "Advanced Security". Click on "Blocked DoS Host List". You should see your PC's IP address in there. Press the clear button and then confirm it.

To stop it happening again, from the "Advanced Security" page, increase all 3 flood packet limits as there are set quite low. I increased ICMP/UDP to 1999 and TCP_SYNC to 999, just picked at random.

If you want a better idea, go to the "Systems Tools" then "Statistics" and look at the maximum ICMP/UDP/TCP Tx values against your blocked IP address. You will find one or more of these 3 values was bigger than the old value in "Advanced Security" hence the router blocked your IP from the internet.

My PC first blocked at UDP Tx maximum of 70 and the worst since then has been 110 while TCP_SYNC has max'ed out at 63. ICMP Tx is zero.

And if this issue happens again then you know where to check if you have been blocked.
Options
2015-02-15 17:58:30
@ sblock

In the new firmware it allows only one user at one time. And you must click logout before closing the web browser.

As to the internet issue, you should check the WAN settings first. Ensure the WAN type and your account is correct.
Options
2015-02-18 23:32:59
OK, so after being thoroughly frustrated for weeks I used a wired connection to the router and reconfirmed the latest firmware, there had been another update, installed it. Because the problem of constant drops only happened to me on the 2.4GHz band I went to the channel selector and deselected auto (which starts at channel 1) and just picked a higher channel (I chose Channel 9), it has now been stable for over a week without a drop. I did have to bring up the online manual to make sure I was selecting the correct firmware version and was using the correct login address.
Options
Related Articles