Problem setting up a connection with Chromecast and TL-WR1042ND router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-29 03:02:18
Region : Poland

Model : TL-WR1042ND

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : latest

ISP :

Hey,
I recently bought a google Chromecast and I'm really having a hard time filigreeing out why doesn't it wan't to work with my router.
First things first, I have a stable and satisfying connection with all my media (2 laptops and 2 smartphones).

My Chromecast sees my wi-fi network and is able to connect to it but unfortunately "can't access the internet".

I figured out that my router model wasn't checked by google and supposedly it might not be supported but there's a couple of tp-link devices on that list and they all seem to have pretty similar parameters...
Is anyone here using this router with Chromecast or at least capable of giving me some ideas how to fix my problem.

I'd be grateful for any help.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem setting up a connection with Chromecast and TL-WR1042ND router.
2015-01-29 12:31:03
Login web interface of WR1042ND and go to DHCP---DHCP Client list to check if Chromecast is showing there.
If it does, write down the MAC address. Next, go to Wireless---Wireless Statistics and check if Chromecast is there according to its MAC address.
1. If Chromecast is not in DHCP Clients List or Wireless Statistics, reset Chromecast by holding the reset button for 30s and red light indicates that you reset it successfully. Reconfigure it from the beginning.
2. If Chromecast is displayed in both, go to Chrome Web Store and download Google Cast via Chrome browser on the devie. Connecting the device to the same network as Chromecast, press the cast icon and check if it can find Chromecast. If not, what's the model number and firmware version of the device? Provide the topology pls.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 443

Replies: 1

Related Articles