Cannot login to router after restoring config settings.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-30 02:00:23
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys,

So this morning I had a bright idea to update the firmware on my WDR3600. So I took a backup of the settings so I wouldn't have to input all the port forwards etc again manually.
I then proceeded to download the firmware from the downloads section on this tp-link support website. I think updated the firmware without an issue and the router rebooted and came back up.
Apart from having to change the network address to 192.168.1.x etc everything was fine and working well. So then I restore my configuration settings. BIG problem.... my original username and password would not work and neither would the default ones.
I tried multiple times and even rest everything back to factory settings again and tried again but still the same deal. I know that the username and password are correct and I confirmed this by using RouterPassView.

So, if I backup and then restore my settings, I cannot log in and therefore have to input everything manually. Defeats the point of backing up.

David
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot login to router after restoring config settings.
2015-01-30 09:09:55
Did you read notes for the latest firmware? David, you have to reset it and manually reconfigure it step by step from the very beginning.
For TL-WDR3600 V1
The router will reset after upgrading this firmware.
The configure file of old firmware cannot be used in this firmware.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1173

Replies: 1

Related Articles