Wired internet speed extremely slow after installing TP-Link C7 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-02 00:01:55
Region : Netherlands

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : UPC

Hi,

I placed the router TP-Link C7 between my Cisco router/modem. This was necessary because wifi was horrible with Cisco, no reach at all, just 2-3 meters. I have 2 wired computers (UPC cable) and internet worked fine on those when using Cisco. Now I have better wifi reach in the house, as I hoped for. But now the internet speed on both computers is extremely slow. This has to do with the installation of the TP-Link router because before there wasn't any problem. I have set the Cisco modem/router to 'Bridged Only' so that it only functions as a modem.

Can anyone help me with this? I now feel that I have to choose between good wifi or good wired internet speed but I want both...
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wired internet speed extremely slow after installing TP-Link C7 router
2015-02-02 15:51:12
Hardware version and firmware version of your C7? If there is a newer firmware, upgrade it.
How did you test the speed? Describe in details.
What's the speed when connecting to C7 by wire and wirelessly?
Options
Re:Wired internet speed extremely slow after installing TP-Link C7 router
2015-02-02 17:00:38
Thank you for responding Vivian. The version is 2. I think the computers were trying to connect both by wire and wirelessly - the problem has resolved itself today when everything has been shut down and started again. If the problem reoccurs, I will do a speed check and post the details.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 887

Replies: 2

Related Articles