Problems with internal an gues WLan using an Archer2 only as an Access Point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-02 07:13:52
Region : Germany

Model : Archer C2

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey Forum, i need yout help ;)

A few month ago i bought an TP Link TL-WA801ND which can also create guestnets.
So my plan was to integrate the AP in the internal net and create an extra net for guest.
But this is only in connection with a vlan.

So i went to my hardware vendor an ask him for some hardware from TP Link which can create guest WLan's without VLans.
He sold me the AC750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (Archer C2)

So my internal net has the ip range 192.168.95.1/24
The 192.168.95.1 is a sonicwall firewall which estalished the internet connection from 2 ISP's.
My Domain Controller has the 192.168.95.9 which acts also as an DNS and DHCP Server.
So the DHCP range ist 192.168.95.30 - 100. I give the Archer 2 the ip address 192.168.95.200 unter LAN. Under WAN i have no cable an no ip address.
I disabled the dhcp option and set up two WLan one ist intenal and the other one the guestnet under the option Guest Network in the web interface.
both has got an WPA2 Personal password. The other Option are here on this pic.

So if i log me in the internal net everything is okay, i'll get an ip address and i can surf the internt an log via remote desktop on all internal machines.
If i log me in the guest net i didn't get and ip and so can't surf the internet.
So it seems if the Guest-Network didn't reach the dhcp server.
How can is solve this problem, without buying new hardware? You ned more infos? - Tell me ;)

Thanks for your help and Kind Regards,
Mirko ;)
Options
3 Reply
Re:Problems with internal an gues WLan using an Archer2 only as an Access Point
2015-02-02 13:33:05
Why Internet is not available on the guest network when wireless router works as an AP or wireless switch?
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=519
Options
2015-02-02 14:47:58
THANKS Vivian, but if I allow the guest net to log in the local network to reach the Internet gateway user are also allowed to go on file servers. In our case the file servers needs authentification but I think it is better to close the local network for the guest. Are there any options or rules where I can only forwarding the dhcp and dns requests?
THANKS mikro
Options
2015-02-03 10:59:28
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 535

Replies: 3

Related Articles