Explain Access Control!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Explain Access Control!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Explain Access Control!
Explain Access Control!
2015-02-05 06:49:47
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WR1043ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

The time came for me to setup Access Control for the first time! I read and I read again the Documentation from within the router, as well the Help documents in tp-link.com, but all are not helpfull! Sorry for saying this, but I think staff should consider rewriting this part of Documentation...!
What I need and cannot see how to implement, is to restrict ANY and ALL Internet access to my local small file server (which is connected to the router) but allow ANY and ALL (or at least ANYTHING a "simple" user like me needs...) Internet traffic to the other PC's in my LAN... To be frank, what would be best for me, is to allow ANY and ALL Internet traffic through the file server from 01:00 to 08:00, deny ANY and ALL Internet traffic through it from 08:00 to 01:00, and the rest devices maintain full access to Internet...

I know such a filter is easy to implement, but I cannot find my way out from router's configuration and Documentation...! Please, help!

George
Options
2 Reply
Re:Explain Access Control!
2015-02-05 10:42:54
George, choose allow and create two entries for the server and reset devices seperately.
Actually you can refer to the Scenario in Part 2. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=359
Except the schedule, the only difference is that you don't allow the server to access internet at all. In this case, you can put in an invalid domian in allowed websites like www.1234567.com or something else.
Options
Re:Explain Access Control!
2015-02-06 18:54:28
I'm sorry I have to say this, but this is no answer! It does not clarify the vague guides TP-LINK provides...! For instance, Scenario 2 of the aformentioned FAQ shows an IP address of the type "0.0.0.0" which my router does not accept! Additionally, I am confused about the schedule times the configuration can accept: while it does accept 0100 to 0800 (as the time period for which Internt accces is allowd to the server), this is not the case with 0800 to 0100 (the period of time for which Internet access is not allow to the server)... Why, in God's name, I cannot configure the device to filter content from 08:00 a.m. untill 01:00 a.m of the next day...?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 514

Replies: 2

Related Articles