connection problem with WA890EA

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-06 07:08:26
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA901ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I am trying to use this entertainment adapter with a TV box that has poor wifi connectivity

I have set up the adapter connected to the LAN port of my computer and all appears fine - my wifi signal is recognised and the adapter reports that is connected. However, I am then unable to connect to the internet, although, strangely, I can access emails !

When the adapter is connected to the TV box (which has the Ookla speed tester installed as an app and does not need an internet connection to do the test) I can get very fast upload speeds but no download whatsoever.

I thought that this might be a firewall issue but disabling both McAfee and the firewall in the BT Homehub 5 router does not seem to help

What am I missing ?
Options
1 Reply
Re:connection problem with WA890EA
2015-02-06 14:00:53
Maybe this instruction helps. Try to turn off the smart setup function on BT Home Hub 5.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=551

What's the firmware version of your WA890EA?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 570

Replies: 1

Related Articles