Archer C2 white wifi icon

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-08 23:01:20
Region : CzechRepublic

Model : Archer C2

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : latest end 2014

ISP : cable tv

Hi, sorry , my english is horrible.) I have archer C2, but every ANDROID mobile phones connected in this router have problém with wifi and google. - wifi indicator is white, not blue. Some services like google notification, gmail doesn´t work correctly. I can´t see pictures and videos on facebook . But on the notebooks is everything work correctly . Where is the problém ? I thing , it must be bad firmware. When I put my old router asus , wifi indicators on mobile phones are blue.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C2 white wifi icon
2015-02-09 10:34:53
About the icon issue, post two different screenshots here. I didn't see it is related to router...
What's the brand and Android version of your phone? The version is up to date?
Try to set a DNS on your phone as 8.8.8.8.
Check Wireless settings on the old router and modify some similar settings on C2.
Options
2015-02-18 03:33:43
I have the same problem, connection on the Android phone (ver. 4.4.2) drops (although the wifi icon shows the full strenght) and needs to be restarted. Notifications (hangouts, FB messanger, gmail) are not coming. No issues on other routers...Please fix this it is really anoying. I have tried all kind of settings also DNS 8.8.8.8. Nothing helps. Thank you.
Options
2015-02-26 18:29:21
Hello, I had a similar issue. It was caused by the IPv6 settings on my router. After setting the IPv6 to 6to4 and rebooting the router the icon returned to normal and the Google functions started working again.
Options
wifi connection drops
2015-03-13 17:21:30

lpmafiota wrote

Hello, I had a similar issue. It was caused by the IPv6 settings on my router. After setting the IPv6 to 6to4 and rebooting the router the icon returned to normal and the Google functions started working again.

this definitely helps for notification, thanks :)

but there is still an issue that wifi connection drops after some time (few hours or less) on android device until the android device is restarted.

this is for sure not affected by android device, because other wifi routers works fine...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 575

Replies: 4

Related Articles