Network crash when heavy downloading, unable to reboot network or shut down computer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Network crash when heavy downloading, unable to reboot network or shut down computer

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-09 22:07:14
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WN722N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

Hello all,

I normally able to fix my computer myself but this problem have started to annoy me now after few weeks of trying to fix, so I turn to the support of forum members. I am using Window 7.

This problem seem to appear when I download anything with my machine, though it is random. It could appear as soon as I started downloading or it appear half hour after I started downloading.

When the problem does appear, my internet dropped out but the network icon in the taskbar claim I'm still connecting to internet. And I cannot access most Network programs, it just refused to load, even I can't click on the network icon in taskbar (Unable to see my network).

I tried every way I know to reboot the network, network troubleshooter and such but it kept claiming the connection between my desktop to my TP-Link is broken, I unplug and plug my TP-Link device to a different USB slot and nothing change.

Plus I'm unable to restart or shutdown computer when this happened, it will say it is shutting down until it pop up BSoD after 20-30 mins then it does shut down. I kept having to forced restart because I needed the computer and the internet, I am trying to avoid having to do this...

Thinking it is the Window issue but it happen before AND after when I wiped my computer clean and reinstall OS. So I'm currently not sure whenever it is the network driver or it is a Windows issue, I have got the latest driver off TP-Link website. I looked everywhere on internet and look in this forum, I see there are people who are having similar issues and none of their solutions seem to work but I haven't tried one thing, third party driver. I seen few people advise people to install some driver from a different website and in some case it worked for them, thought I'm not the kind of guy who is willing to download some driver off a website I never heard of before. So if you think this will work, I will need an explanation to why this will work since no one that I seen gave an explanation. If you have different solutions, I would love to hear them.

I think I said everything but if I forgotten something, I will add to here. Please do help if you can!
Options
4 Reply
Re:Network crash when heavy downloading, unable to reboot network or shut down computer
2015-02-10 11:37:05
Try chipmaker's driver here, the Atheros AR9271 one.
https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.html

Other wireless clients work OK connecting to the same Wi-Fi network?
Options
Re:Network crash when heavy downloading, unable to reboot network or shut down computer
2015-02-10 20:26:51

Vivian wrote

Try chipmaker's driver here, the Atheros AR9271 one.
https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-drivers.html

Other wireless clients work OK connecting to the same Wi-Fi network?

Did some research then decided the link you proved is safe, so I installed the driver. All seem well but will need to use the computer for next couple days to see if everything is fixed.

Every other devices in my house connect to internet 100% without any problems, it just my machine. Hopefully the driver you proved will help, thanks!
Options
Drivers bug?
2015-02-12 14:26:06
Region :Poland

Model : TL-WN722N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : original CD

ISP : Virgin Media

Hello all,
I am using Window 7 and I had no BSOD problems with my coputer for few years.

I boought two TL-WN722N and all have the same problems !!! Especially after few hours of working I had disconecting issues and it disconneced totaly (windows dignostic suggest to plug in USB cable). Control light is no flashing anymore and acces to all network opitons is blocked. When I used it my computer started to have BSODS, problems with shooting down which I had never before. Typical unpluging device procedure is helping for a short time and device is complitely blocked. I reset this card and it working ocassilnally only for a short time. It's stay unpluged with no reaction and reset commands after 2-3 disconnecting stop working too. Only hard reset of computer is helping. I need to push my reset button to have effect becouse all acces to network is blocked too. I had old PCI wifi card and there are no shuch probles at all. Whats more connection is very bad and instable even if signal is in exellent 80% status. Pings are 90 (I had on my old card 20) and it very often start to loose packets before crushing at all. I am total dissapointed of this!

TP-LINk crew. Fix this total and evident bug!!!!

All 2 devices had the same problem. I many times forced to check my provider connetions and my main router status and this was only this device connection problem.

Very interesting that reinstaling drivers always magicly help for a wile! I had issue that one of this device had not start to working at all even after computer reset and only drivers reinstal make possible to force it to work once again. So I think Win7 have a prblem with this device with switching off, unpluging device and too often loosing connections to main router, higher then standard pings mixed with loosing packets or even hanging system.

I think drivers support is here very big problem. There are no typical files for automatic install as normal .exe and there are no new versions with similar problems fixes.

I will try Atheros drivers and I will tell You if it's start to work better.

Thank for a llink!
Options
Result...
2015-02-14 00:31:07
Hi again,

PolishFactor seem to sum up most of what I'm been getting but with more details.

I come back with the result of few days of testing, I just been downloading few things. So far, over the last couple days, I only had few disconnects here and there but nothing major like I can't reconnect or shut down my computer with BSoD. So the third party driver seem to fix it, thought not 100% just yet but it is a massive improvements. Those few disconnects I had only just resolved by itself without me having to fix it. I will carry on with what I'm doing and if anything happened I will report to here. But thanks for the third party driver!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1143

Replies: 4