How do I know my TL-WA850RE is working?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-13 05:40:21
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

Yesterday I set up my range extender using the "Method One >> Quick Setup via WPS Button".

The RE light is on, and the "Wireless" light is flashing blue. The wifi signal / bars indicator shows 3 to 4 bars.

My question is --

How do I know I'm connected to the TP link extender? Will it be automatically merged with my existing wifi network, or do I actually need to manually select the second network from my wifi network dropdown?

When I first set it up, the TP link range extender showed as a separate network. Now it does not show up in the list of networks, so I'm not sure if it's working.

Please let me know if Ive missed a step. Thank you very much!!

Susan
Options
3 Reply
Re:How do I know my TL-WA850RE is working?
2015-02-13 13:40:38
When we set up the extender successfully, the Wi-Fi name wil be the same as the root router except that we change it on web interface of WA850RE.
1. Indicators are normal according to your description.
2. You should be able to access internet when you connect to LAN port of extender.
3. The Wi-Fi signal on wireless clients should be improved. You are suggested to place the range extender in middle of the the router and the place where Wi-Fi signal is poor.
Options
2015-02-13 18:29:37
Thanks Vivian.

So it sounds like I don't need to manually select the new ("boosted") network, it will just automatically merge with and improve my existing connection?

Thank you again.

Susan
Options
2015-02-15 15:40:29
Susan, that's right.
It has been done by pressing WPS button.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 776

Replies: 3

Related Articles