My extender drops after having worked for a few hours.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-02-25 03:53:34
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : BT

I have a bt router (old version not infinity). After, it felt like months, I finally got an ethernet cable to get the thing up and running. We have one router and can't get signal in the attic room. So when connected I moved it to attic. The signal was strong but you couldn't actually get access. Redid it the next night and then decided to move it to the 1st floor and it worked brilliantly for about 2 hours as I could get access in the loft and then lost signal. Haven't tried turning it on and off but I'm sure it will happen again as there was no reason for it to drop. I have no idea about changing channels etc, so basic language please.:rolleyes:
Options
1 Reply
Re:My extender drops after having worked for a few hours.
2015-02-25 16:12:21
What's the firmware version of your WA830RE? Is it the latest version?
How about status of RE light when connection drops? Without the extender, how many bars of signal strength receiving from the main router when you configure the extender?
Move the extender a little closer to the router and test.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 1