TL-PA210 and TL PA211 Compatibility/pairing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-09 02:34:13
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi - a number of issues :-(
Firstly can I pair a 211 with a 210 if so how (eg re-set button on each for 3-8 seconds ?)
Keep losing Internet access and can not make up my mind if it's router problems or adapters
Also having problems relinking CCTV to network.

Originally I only had 211 adapters, when one proved faulty I reordered 2 and was sent 210's (albeit the order states 211's)
When these arrived, the software for the PC was different - I don't know the version numbers just the exe files - which are Powerline Utility exe and TL PA211 Powerline Utility.exe
Rightly or wrongly, because of the problems I was having I have loaded both on all PC's and have attempted to use both to add devices to the network.
This is the equipment I have - any help would be appreciated - Thanks Les

Les Laptop Windows XP Not currently in use
CCTV
TL-PA211
F Laptop Windows Vista TL-PA210
Desktop Windows 7 TL-PA211
Router TalkTalk DSL 3780 TL-PA210
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA210 and TL PA211 Compatibility/pairing
2015-03-09 17:44:11
The new utility for PA210 can be used for PA211 as well.
To pair them, you can follow the instruction as below. http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=258
Bypassing powerline adapters, is your internet access stable enough? Does the CCTV works OK?
Options
Re:TL-PA210 and TL PA211 Compatibility/pairing
2015-03-09 19:06:03
Thanks for the reply - will try using the 2nd option - already tried pairing by pressing the buttons a number of times.
CCTV is and was working fine - only problem is being able to connect it to the network - will see if option 2 above doed the trick
Internet access over the last 4-5 days is iffy to say the least - which is where all this started.
Anyone got any recommendations on how to troubleshoot to find if it's adapter or router that's causing the problem ?
Thanks
Les
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 828

Replies: 2