TL-PA411(UK) KIT Ver 1.1 dropped connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-18 05:49:49
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

First time posting so please be gentle, lol!

I bought 2 x TL-PA411(UK) Hardware version 1.1 as a kit back in late 2013 from Aria PC in Manchester, great product and very pleased with the general performance.

I have however had connection issues since purchasing, I get a yellow warning sign in the system tray / network icon which tells me I have limited connectivity and no web pages will load.
At first it was diagnosed as a Virgin media problem which was a power level issue. This has been fixed last year.

I am now getting the same symptoms, yellow warning sign, but the WIFI is working ok?? I am the only one who is affected as I have a desktop and the rest of the family are all on WIFI devices, which is pointing me in the direction of the Power lines.

Its frustrating as I trade stocks and shares from home and it can happen whilst I am at working, usually disabling the Ethernet port through windows works as does waiting a few mins to get it back on track. It happens intermittently, day or night.

I cant upgrade the firmware as well because I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit and the Ver 1 utility programme does not seem to install / be compatible with my OS.

Also what are the differences between hardware Ver 1 and 1.1? I know Ver 2 are the nano models.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

S
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-PA411(UK) KIT Ver 1.1 dropped connection issues
2015-03-20 22:37:01
Anyone maybe take a min to give me some help?

Thanks again!
Options
Re:TL-PA411(UK) KIT Ver 1.1 dropped connection issues
2015-03-24 23:49:33
What you are describing sounds like the classic TP-Link powerline dropout which many people have described on this forum and elsewhere.
The connection drops (and may be accompanied by error 1014 in event viewer) and you can either wait for it to come back (takes a couple of minutes) or you can disable/enable the ethernet adapter to bring it back immediately.

TP-Link support will suggest that you try disable the powersave (using SwitchPowerSaveTool available on tp-link website). Sometimes it helps the problem but in my experience doesn't eliminate it entirely.

Constantly pinging the router is a solution many people resort to, it seems to keep the connection alive and prevent it from dropping.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 631

Replies: 2