Problem With TP-LInk WPA271 / PA210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-26 21:02:03
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I have had a TP Link TL-WPA271 kit for a year or so, but a while back the adapter failed completely, (lights not coming on when plugged in). I have contacted TP Link and been told to send the adapter back with the invoice etc.

However when the adapter failed, I was able to use a second adapter and restore WIFI. The second adapter was actually bought in error as I wanted a second extender, but at the time i didn't know what I was doing. It is a TP-PA210 adapter, and for a couple of weeks the combination of the 210 adapter with the 271 extender worked fine but now it is not working.

Here is what I know.
1. My WIFI is working, when I go into my room where my PC and router sits my smart phone connects to the WIFI via my router.
2. My phone is detecting the TP Link on the list of WIFI sources it shows TP-LINK_33E6C8, with the message Connecting... Obtaining IP address...Saved Secure(gone too fast)...Obtaining IP address... going in a cycle until it gives up and connects to my Tesco Broadband.
3.When I select the TP Link wifi connection my phone says the signal strength is excellent, security none with a link speed of 54Mbps.
4. I have tried pressing in the reset thing in the adapter, and tried pairing the devices.
5. My phone is not asking for any passwords or anything.
6. I have tried pushing the buttons for WIFI and WPS on the router (I really don't know what I am doing!)

I don't know what else to try. TP link will only send a new adapter, but if the extender has failed as well I don't want to pay two lots of postage by returning the units separately, but I don't know if it has failed or not. Have you any suggestions as to how i can check if the adapter is working properly?

BTW I don't live in Argentina!!

Thanks

Peter
Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem With TP-LInk WPA271 / PA210
2015-03-27 14:04:24
Hi Peter, PA210 and WPA271 are not paired, right? How about status of powerline light on them?
If powerline light is not on, follow this guide to pair them. http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-258.html
Options
Re:Problem With TP-LInk WPA271 / PA210
2015-03-28 07:39:37
Hi M Diamond, Thank you for your help, they are now working. You were correct, I did pair the devices when the first adapter broke, and when the WIFI failed on the new pairing I tried pairing again without success, but this time it has worked and my WIFI has been re-established.

Have a great day!!

Peter
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 2

Related Articles