Use 2 Routers on Powerline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-18 00:33:29
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have 2 routers one is the main wireless router to my ISP and the other is a VPN that connects through the main router. I have 3 AV500 powerline adaptors but they only have 1 outlet. They are all only connected to the VPN. 1 goes to my TV system, 1 goes to my desktop PC and the central 1 is powering my VPN router. I usually use a TL-WN821N wireless router to connect my PC to the internet but on occasion I use the AV500 to connect via the VPN router to access the internet. I have started to get slow speeds using the wireless router from my PC and I would like to know if I can use a switch (it's cheaper!!) or if I have to replace one of my AV500's with another with 2 outlets.

Thanks for any replies.

spanishguy
Options
1 Reply
Re:Use 2 Routers on Powerline
2015-04-23 14:35:20
A switch can be connected to one of powerline adapters and it allows more PCs to access internet wired.
It is OK. But a switch is cheaper than AV500 with two ethernet ports? :D
Options