Adaptor won't join powerline network when connected to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-25 05:13:40
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA4010

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Have existing powerline network with pa211 adaptor and 2 wifi extenders. Adaptor has blown, second time, so temporarily used wifi extender connected to router which works. Have purchased a 4010. I paired it to existing network when not connected to router. Worked fine and through cable I was able to access the Internet. When I moved it to be connected to the router it did not join the powerline network and I could therefore not access Internet through the the extensions. Tried to pair again but it would not work. Replaced it with the wifi extender again and it works fine. Am I doing something wrong? I don't want to waster a wifi extension unit next to the router and want the 4010 for what it is defined for. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Adaptor won't join powerline network when connected to router
2015-04-27 10:07:45
When a Wi-Fi extender(A) is connectd to the router and PA4010(B) is connected to your PC, internet works?
But if you exchange them, powerline light on B wil be off? So that you cannot access internet?
Options
2015-04-28 04:52:06
Yes, that is the problem. I tried again with the 4010 connected to the router. It worked fine for five minutes then the powerline network was lost again.
Options
2015-04-28 11:17:06
That's so strange...It seems that your PA4010 cannot maintain a stable powerline connection for some reason when it is placed near the router.
Can you turn off power-saving on PA4010 and test?
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?3666-how-to-solve-some-powerline-adapters-can%92t-be-waked-up-by-some-network-adapters
Options
2015-04-29 03:56:37
Really appreciate your help on this. Your idea sounds a good one but I downloaded the tool that you suggested but it said it had a corrupted .dll so won't update the adaptor. I found another thread which seems to indicate that the WPA4220 kit is useless as lots of people with this type of problem but no easy solutions. Might be going back at this rate.
Options
2015-04-29 13:47:12
What's the operating system of your PC? Try to download the tool here. If only PA4010 works abnormal but extenders works OK, you may replace PA4010.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-PA4010_V1.html#Utility
Options
2015-04-30 16:22:59
Contacted tech support who managed to direct me to a download that worked. Managed to change the setting for power save but did not solve the problem. I think it is going back to the store. So much for plug and play.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 920

Replies: 6

Related Articles