Archer C8, cannot connect with Samsung wifi printer M2875FW

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-01 00:14:58
Region : Canada

Model : Archer C8

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : Latest, march 2015

ISP :

Hi,

I just bought a TP-Link Archer C8 to upgrade a home wireless network. I previously had a Linksys E4200 that was now a bit outdated.

i received the TP link yesterday and promptly installed the router into my home network. Everything works nicely with good speed and nice range but I cannot make my Samsung Multifunction Printer to wirelessly work with any computer/phone/tablet in the house. It is a model M2875FW, that was working nicely before with my old Linksys router.

i did reinstall everything, update all drivers, tried to restart and set the printer to factory defaults and get a fresh start, it just doesn't connect with the Archer C8. I can print no problem via USB but the printer is unable to be connected to the home wireless network for unknown reasons so far.

I tried the WPS button on my printer AND the C8, it gets stuck at "Connecting...." and never moves forward. I tried to connect the printer via USB cable to set the wireless network, no luck there too...

Out of ideas here...any tips??

Thanks!!

Seb
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C8, cannot connect with Samsung wifi printer M2875FW
2015-05-04 16:42:12
Options
2017-05-06 06:56:03
I found a solution for a different manufacturer's router in another thread that worked for me. The WiFi Direct needs to be turned off. This can be done if you have a front panel or through a USB with the Samsung Easy Print Manager under "Device Settings -> Advanced -> Network". Power cycle after changing. The wireless connection can then be setup using the Samsung Easy Wireless Setup app. This worked for me with a C8 and two different Samsung printers.
Options
2021-01-19 13:08:04

Same problem in 2021.

WIFI printer: Samsung M2070FW cannot connect to WIFI from TP-LINK ARCHER C9 (EU)

I have 2 routers.

First Router where the fiber optic internet arrives and the TP-Link with the 5G connection that I use. 

The printer can connect to the old/cheap router provided by the internet company but it cannot connect to the new TP-LINK.

I switched off the old router as I do not trust the WIFI security. 

1. Do I need a new Printer?

2. Do I need a new Router?

TP-LINK Archer C9
Options
2021-01-19 13:20:15

@DanEE You are right. Thank you so much for sharing.

It worked for me too.

"THE WIFI DIRECT NEEDS TO BE TURNED OFF" by DanEE

It worked, finally. It's been years we struggled with the SAMSUNG M2070FW that didn't want to connect to WIFI from TP-LINK ARCHER C9 (EU)

It worked immediately. I love when it works immediately. 

Such a good day smileyyes

TP-LINK Archer C9
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2510

Replies: 4

Related Articles