C2 Archer as access point - can't get system time or diagnostics

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-05 19:49:34
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WDR4300

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'd like to use an Archer C2 as an extra access point for my network.

To do so I've done the following

Set the lan ip address and subnet mask to 192.168.1.250 and 255.255.255.0
[*]Turned off dhcp and set the default gateway to 192.168.1.254 which is the main router on the network
[*]Connected an ethernet cable between the existing router and a lan port on the C2

With this done can successfully connect to the access point both wirelessly and wired and access the internet and local machines. So far so good.

What I have found is that the system time can't be set via an ntp server because it reports there is no internet connection, presumably it's trying to use the wan port.

If I set it manually every time the device is switched off it loses the time. This causes a problem with the timestamps in log files.

Is there any way to get the time working via ntp?

Also I notice that the diagnostics page doesn't work, presumably for similar reasons.
Options
6 Reply
Re:C2 Archer as access point - can't get system time or diagnostics
2015-05-06 15:27:58
Since C2 is working as an access point, to make NTP srver work, you have to create a static route rule on C2.
There is an instruction.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-560.html
Options
2015-05-06 18:15:43
Thank you for the quick reply Tony, it's most appreciated.

I've sort of got it to work but I think I've found another problem.

Scenario 2 in your link is similar to my setup except my routers are connected via an ethernet cable instead of a WDS.

I've created a following static rule

Destination IP Address =

104.41.150.68 (this is time.windows.com)
Subnet mask = 255.255.255.255
Gateway = 192.168.1.254 (address of my main router)
Interface = LAN
Status = enabled

Then on the time settings page I've set the optional ntp server to
104.41.150.68 and clicked save.

Now when I click on on the 'Get GMT' button the time is retrieved as expected however if I switch the router off and on the time is again forgotten.

The time is not automatically fetched from the ntp server and pressing the 'Get GMT' button does nothing.

If I go to the static rule and click edit and then immediately save or select the rule and then press select enable (even though it already shows as enabled) then the 'Get GMT' button works again until the router is again switched off and on again.

Any suggestions?

Options
2015-05-06 18:17:21
If it helps I'm running the latest firmware from the UK site Archer C2_V1_141117.
Options
2015-05-07 15:59:01
Thanks for the reply again Tony.

I can understand it losing the time details when the router restarts but not being able to automatically sync via ntp when it restarts unless I resave the static routes.that are still stored seems odd.

We get occasional power cuts so leaving it on all of the time won't work and I don't want to have to reset it.

Thanks again for your help, it's been most appreciated.
Options
2015-05-13 18:54:23
Hi @Ollie222

Archer C2’s Static Route didn’t work properly after rebooting

This issue has been confirmed and there is a beta to fix this problem. Try this beta:)
http://tp-link.com/resources/software/Archer_C2v1_0.9.1_0.11_up_boot(150106_2015-01-06_10.26.12.zip
Options
2015-06-04 17:06:41
:)Update:
The latest firmware has fixed the bug that static route will be disabled after rebooting;
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-C2_V1.html#Firmware
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1903

Replies: 6