Problems with powerline, stuttering video, cutting out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-09 17:10:48
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, hoping you'll be able to help me with some problems I'm having.

I moved house recently, and decided to get some poweline adaptors to make sure I can get internet all over the house. Also, I watch my ripped DVDs that are stored on my NAS and wanted these available anywhere as well.

I have 4 powerline adaptors. 2 x PA6030 and 2 x PA 4010. One 6030 plugged into the router, and one into the NAS. Then one of each of the others into my network media players. My house is 3 storey. Router and one network media player on ground floor, NAS on middle floor, other network media player on top floor.

The problem I'm having is that whenever I'm watching movies, they stutter quite badly. I.e. the video pauses and jumps and sound cuts out completely. Eventually it will catch up with itself, but it's really annoying. If I'm watching SD content (i.e. TV programmes) then it works fine, but anything HD is unwatchable.

The other problem I'm having is whenever I use Facetime, every few minutes it will cut out. I can call back straight away and it always connects, but again, it's pretty annoying.

I'm guessing there's something not set up correctly, but I have no clue how to find out what. The Powerline I have should easily be able to cope with streaming what I want.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dom
Options
4 Reply
Re:Problems with powerline, stuttering video, cutting out
2015-05-12 15:29:23
If you installed the utility, go to Advanced and select Audio or Video instead of Internet to test. Check the Rate under Network.
Did you ever use some other powerline devices but no such a problem or can you test the network bypassing PA6030 and PA4010?
As to the Facetime issue, what kinds of device did you use? Neither PA6030 nor PA4010 have Wi-Fi function.
Options
2015-05-13 05:03:48

M Diamond wrote

If you installed the utility, go to Advanced and select Audio or Video instead of Internet to test. Check the Rate under Network.
Did you ever use some other powerline devices but no such a problem or can you test the network bypassing PA6030 and PA4010?

I've done the audio / video thing under advanced. Under network, I have speeds of around 200 - 300 Mbps. I have 3 plugged in at the moment, but only 2 show up there. I've checked the MAC addresses, and one of them is under Status, but doesn't tell me any speeds, the other two are under network.

I've done a download test, plugged my laptop into the downstairs homeplug and downloaded a 1.3 GB file from my NAS. It took, about 3 mins.
Options
2015-05-13 11:30:29
Only the new utility can display all powerline devices in the network... With the old version, the local one which is connected to the PC won't show up.
New utlility is available here and it can work with other TP-LINK powerline adapters as well. http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/TL-PA8030P_V1.html#Utility

Get back to the original problem... Does it help after you select Audio or Video under Advanced? The rate is not as good as it should be... Follow the guide below and try to improve it. If possbile, place powerline device in the same room to test.
Besides, as I mentioned, you'd better confirm that there is no stutter problem without TP-LINK powerline adatpers.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-409.html
Options
2021-04-09 13:08:32 - last edited 2021-04-09 13:09:46

@DrPips Will video repair software be helpful to you? The inserted link is about an article that has listed the top 12 video repairing tools, such as Joyoshare VidiKit, Stellar Repair for Video, etc. Maybe one of them can help you overcome the issue with your video. You can check it out if necessary.  

https://www.joyoshare.com/reviews/best-video-repair-software.html

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1808

Replies: 4

Related Articles