Downloads stops and browser shows "unknown network error"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-13 00:39:38
Region : Colombia

Model : TL-WA830RE

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :
TL-WA830RE_V2_140901

ISP :

Hi Everyone.

When I trying to download any file larger than about 100 mb, the download stops abruptly (no kb/s decreasing is perceived), the only message I receive is "Unknown network error" shown in the downloads page of the browser (ie, chrome, firefox). I tried to download the same file several times (via wifi and cable) obtaining the same result, I tried download the same file but connected directly to the root router, the file was downloaded without problems. I have changed the IP of the extender, as well as I turned off the DHCP, but the problem persist. I know the problem is not the wifi connection between the root router and the extender, because I tried to download files having the extender very close to the router (1 - 2m). Please I need help with this problem, because I constantly need to download these kind of files, but with the extender it is impossible.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Downloads stops and browser shows "unknown network error"
2015-05-13 14:43:23
Your extender is WA830RE? The firmware is up to date?
Can you connect to LAN port of the extender and try to download the file?
Did you test and compare the speed connecting to the root router directly and connecting to the extender?
Options
2015-05-14 01:09:52
yes, my extender is the TL-WA830RE V2, the firmware is up to date. I tried download the file via LAN port in the extender, but the error continues. I think there is no problem with the connection speed, when I download the file connected with the root router, the kb/s are the same in both devices.

I´ve noticed that when the download fails, the internet connection is lost for a little time, then the internet connection returns (a yellow exclamation appears next to the wifi icon in the windows bar), this must be the main problem I have, the internet connection is lost momentarily stopping the current downloads.

Options
2015-05-15 11:36:32
830RE_V2 has been sold for quite long time, it's nearly impossible to have a so severe BUG in the firmware (or it'll be stopped in the market..).
Maybe the one you're using has got some problem, when did you buy it? If permitted, it's suggested you ask the shop where you bought it to provide you a replacement.
If it has exceeded the time limit, you can contact TP-LINK tech support to help you: http://www.tplink.com/en/support-contact.html (you can choose Hotline support or E-mail support)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 652

Replies: 3

Related Articles