Problems after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-13 13:42:52
Region : India

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version : V9

Firmware Version :

ISP : TIKONA

I bought this router around a month ago, & everything was fine until today when I upgraded the firmware to TL-WR841N_V9_150310.

After successful firmware upgrade, all my configuration was lost so I had to restore the config file. After which the internet started working fine, but not able to login to the router.

I tried the default credentials admin / admin & also my earlier password but both don't work.

Please help.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Problems after firmware upgrade
2015-05-14 15:04:42
I see many other users have a similar problem with other models...
I'm afraid that you have to reset the router to factory defaults, login its web interface and reconfigure it manually...step by step...
Options
Re:Problems after firmware upgrade
2015-05-16 13:55:26

ankitmodi wrote

After successful firmware upgrade, all my configuration was lost so I had to restore the config file.

There is a very important rule with a router: "after a firmware upgrade NEVER restore a config file !"

Specially in your case, as the firmware upgrade cleared automatically the NVRAM, that means the new version manages it differently...
Options