Sudden loss of WAN IP address (TL-WR740N)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-25 19:36:35
Region : Hongkong

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My router never had any problems until a few days ago when suddenly I was not able to reach any web content, although still connected to the internet. I tried to restart both the router and the modem several times, and I think my modem does not have any problems, since it's still able to let my tv box receive channels. While I am not able to access any web content both through Wi-Fi and Ethernet.I found that the WAN symbol on my router is lit, but it's not flashing as it is supposed to do when there is an active connection. Also, there is no WAN IP Address on the router’s status page. I tried following the suggestions on the FAQ page, but there is still the same connection problem. What could be the problem with the WAN connection? Is there anything I can do to resolve this problem myself, or is this the problem of my internet service provider?
Options
1 Reply
Re:Sudden loss of WAN IP address (TL-WR740N)
2015-05-26 09:52:31
Connect your PC to the modem directly and ensure you can access internet in that way.
If not, contact your ISP.
On your router page, since there is no WAN IP address. You may reset the router to facotry defaults and reconfigure it if the modem works.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-608.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 784

Replies: 1

Related Articles