TL-WA901ND as repeater through Ethernet cable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-29 21:04:53
Region : italyModel : TL-WA901NDHardware Version : V3Firmware Version : ISP : FastwebHello everybody,I would like to bring the wifi to the other side of my house usingmy WA901ND, but I didn't find a suitable way to configure it.Knowing that:1) The main router+wifi AP is an ADB VF32202) There's an ethernet cable available in the far room to connect the 901 to the ADB router, I want to use this way3) I cannot use the 901 as wifi repeater because the signal is too weak4) I don't want to loose the 50% data rate due to wifi repeater modeIs there a way to configure the WA901ND as repeater of the existnig wifi networkusing the ethernet connection between the TPLINK and the ADB access points ?Thanks and bye,Diabolik
Options
3 Reply
Looking for the same thing
2015-06-01 00:13:38
I have my modem/wife router in at one end of the house and an ethernet connection to the other end of the house. Looking to use an access point at the other end of the house to create good wifi coverage throughout.
Options
Re:TL-WA901ND as repeater through Ethernet cable
2015-06-01 16:01:19
The only way is to configure WA901ND in access point mode.
And then, configure its SSID and security settings to be the same as the main router but set different channels for the access point and router.
Options
Re:TL-WA901ND as repeater through Ethernet cable
2015-06-03 15:52:44
I already tried this, but maybe I didn't take much care to the channel.
I'll do it gain forcing different channels and let you know. :-)

Thanks and bye,
Dk
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1021

Replies: 3

Related Articles