Problem with TP-Link TL-PA4030

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-04 23:10:33
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : not sure

ISP : sky

I have been having problems with slow download speeds over wifi when downloading files on my PS4. I am with sky fibre and have a download speed of 36-38mbps which i can get on any device in my house wirelessly other than my ps4 which i need it most for (only getting 8-10mbps wifi but i can get full speed through ethernet but the router and ps4 are in different rooms) so i borrowed a set of TP link av500 mini powerline adapters from a friend so i could connect my ps4 through ethernet in a different room.

It all works fine and the ps4 is downloading 3gb files in a few minutes over ethernet where as before over wifi it would take around 10 hours but i am having a problem with it.

1. when the ps4/ps3/pc is plugged into the adapter in a different room via ethernet wifi signal on every other device drops to around 2-3 mbps while the plugged in device stays at full speed. is this normal? to get the wfi speed to go back up to normal i need to unplug the cable from what ever device it is attached to.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Problem with TP-Link TL-PA4030
2015-06-05 10:41:37
Does your router have bandwidth control feature?

Why we need Bandwidth Control? (Copied from FAQ on TP-LINK website, lol)
Within a normal home network, the bandwidth is shared by all computers. This means any computer using high-bandwidth applications, for example torrent programs or other P2P software, will affect the other computers. This may also include negative influence on the performance of the entire network. How can we avoid this?
The answer is Bandwidth Control, which is designed to minimize the impact caused when the connection is under heavy load. Using Bandwidth Control, we can assign a specific minimum or maximum bandwidth for each computer, which means they have less interference on each other. Please follow the steps below to configure this feature.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 531

Replies: 1

Related Articles