Wi-fi incompatibility between TL-WR740N & Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-09 15:28:09
Region : Others

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version : V4_150105

ISP : Vivacom

I have done a lot of searching and reading about this problem and I tried a lot of drivers and settings but whatever I do I can't get a usable connecton above 72 Mbits with the router. Changing the settings of the wi-fi adapter to prefer 2,4 Ghz band helped for a couple of a days and the connection was 150 Mbits but now whatever I do the adapter connects to the router but the connection is limited and unusable at 150 Mbits mode. When I change the adapter settings for the 2,4 Ghz channel width to be at 20 Mhz the connection goes down to 72 mbits, it's works fine and so far this is the only setting that works at all. The only reason that I can't confrm for now is if there's some kind of incompatibility with the wi-fi adapter on the laptop and the router which prevents from using the maximum speeds of the router and if I buy a better router will the problem be the same or not.
At the Intel support forum there seems to be a major problem with this wi-fi adapter, they have been releasing new drivers for a couple of months but they don't fix the problem and that's why I post this if somebody else has encountered this using this configuration of router and wi-fi ada
ter and has succesfully solved it.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Wi-fi incompatibility between TL-WR740N & Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7260
2015-06-11 15:06:23
Intel AC7260 is not working properly with many brands of router...
The latest driver won't fix the problem?
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProdId=3714
Disable U-PSD support under Advanced.

Options
2015-06-11 22:46:26
Thanks fo the information. I managed to find a solution that works for now. I uninstalled the wifi adapter and chose the drivers manually from the ones that windows has and among the drivers from Intel there was one driver that is from Microsoft. So far works when I choose 2,4 GHz preferred band, HT mode set to VHT, wireless mode set to G standard. Sometimes when I turn off the system and turn it on again the next day I have to turn off and on the wifi or the router in order to get it working again. But when I power down the wifi then turn off the laptop and on the next day I turn it on again manually it doesn't need restarts.
Options
2015-06-13 04:37:25
The solution that I have found stopped working for now and I am back where I started. The only setting that works for now is 2,4 Ghz channel width set to 20Mhz, whatever the other settings are the wifi works with 72 mbits connection.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1512

Replies: 3

Related Articles