Speed limited to 1 MBPS in WR740N router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-14 13:30:57
Region : India

Model : TL-WR740N

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I have configured my Ethernet Cable based Internet connection with this router. Now, it was working fine till a few days back and I was getting normal speeds. However, for the last couple of days, the speed of the router has been limited to 1MBps. I tried with different devices, as well as through the LAN cable with my laptop. As soon as I connect the Ethernet cable directly to my laptop, speeds jump to normal (around 3MBps), but I can't get more than 1 MBps through the router. If I am downloading something on my laptop at full speed, then other devices connected ot the router via WiFi fail to connect to the Internet. I have tried resetting the router through the configuration page, upgrading the firmware to the newest available version, changing the WiFi channels, etc (even though, since this issue is occurring when laptop is connected through LAN cable, it doesn't seem to be the issue).
Can anyone suggest anything, or should I raise a RMA request? I am out of my wits!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Speed limited to 1 MBPS in WR740N router
2015-06-15 00:43:40
EDIT: I checked with a different router of the same model, and the same problem is occurring! I am really out of my depth here.

I saw somewhere there was a max tx rate dropdown, but I cannot find that in my router configuration page. Also, this dropdown is related to the Wifi and my problem is occurring over LAN too. So, really, any suggestions?
Options
Re:Speed limited to 1 MBPS in WR740N router
2015-06-16 09:24:35
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1409

Replies: 2

Related Articles