Connection keeps dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-24 18:39:23
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WPA281

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I actually have a TL-WPA4230P KIT but it isn't in the dropdown list.

When it works, it is fantastic with high speeds. However every now and again the powerline connection just drops, requiring the sync button to be pressed on both devices in order that the link comes back up. Due to the location of the device by the broadband router (in someone else's bedroom) this is highly inconvenient. There seems to be no clear pattern to the drops, sometimes it stays up a week, sometimes only an hour or so. It seems that it happens slightly more at night than day, but this might be my imagination as it is obviously far more inconvenient during the night than in the day.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what I can do to diagnose and fix this problem

Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connection keeps dropping
2015-06-25 15:24:25
When connection drops, powerline lights on two units in TL-WPA4230P KIT go off and you have pair them, right?
Are they both plugged in wall sockets directly?
Read this article to get some hints.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-882.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 554

Replies: 1

Related Articles