Detected another Powerline Network when setting up in home, power being stolen?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-24 21:39:33
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-PA210KIT

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP : Virgin Media

Hey! So i joined these forums as this puzzled me. Basically when we setup our powerline adapters, i managed to somehow end up in someone else's router after using the default IP address for a router (192.168.0.1) when i was trying to access mines. is it possible that in the block of flats/apartments we live in that the powerline aapter i was using would travel outside out apartment to another apartment or is something fishy going on with our power and someone tapping it or it being leaked?

Thanks,
Ben
Options
2 Reply
Re:Detected another Powerline Network when setting up in home, power being stolen?
2015-06-25 15:13:48
Hi Ben, you can pair two powerline adapters and the network will be private and secured. No worries.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-258.html
Options
Re:Detected another Powerline Network when setting up in home, power being stolen?
2015-06-25 19:43:20

M Diamond wrote

Hi Ben, you can pair two powerline adapters and the network will be private and secured. No worries.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-258.html

Thanks for the reply, I am aware of this but this incident did occur so i am wondering how i managed to somehow access someone's router when setting up the two adapters. It sounds like this happened when my adapter hadn't connected to the other one i had next to my router. Just seems really odd that i was able to connect to another router outside of my apartment which wasn't mines.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 505

Replies: 2

Related Articles