TL-WPA4220 won't pair and only the Ethernet LED lights up when plugged in.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-25 04:11:38
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-WPA4220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : not sure

ISP : UPC

I have had this unit (purchased as part of a kit) for about 9 months but wifi never successfully runs on it. It will run once I reset the power but then as soon as another device (iphone) connects to it, it drops. It's not entirely satisfactory but I mainly use the unit to extend the home network to a server on the third floor so it's not a show stopper.

Every two weeks or so, the unit simply stops working and I recycle the power and it seems to sort itself out. However, the last time i did this, it simply won't reset. The only LED that is lit is the ethernet LED. This lights up once plugged in irrespective of whether or not there is a cable plugged into the device. I have tried pairing it with the other unit plugged into the main modem/router, but to no avail.

I press the pair button as per the instructions and it fails to do anything (no lights flash - only the ethernet LED remains solidly lit) . I have tried to reset the device and again, it fails to do anything. I have tried to plug in a cable and connect to it via laptop and again, it simply is not recognised.

Is there anything I'm missing or is the device broken?

Many thanks in advance
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA4220 won't pair and only the Ethernet LED lights up when plugged in.
2015-06-25 15:10:14
Power light on WPA4220 is on?
If you press Wi-Fi clone button for 5 seconds to enable the wireless function, the Wi-Fi light will be flashing or not?
If nothing change, it should be faulty. Under warranty, you can try to replace it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1545

Replies: 1