Archer C7 as AP with Access Control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-06-30 14:56:03
Region : Canada

Model : Archer C7

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 3.14.1 Build 140929 Rel.33293n

ISP :

I'm trying to configure my Archer C7 v2, which I use as an Access Point, to allow a specific MAC address to only access the main Internet gateway (192.168.0.1) and no other internal IP addresses. Is there a way to do this or do I need to be using the Archer C7 as a router to do this?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Archer C7 as AP with Access Control
2015-07-01 14:10:20
Access point+wireless MAC filtering?
Refer to the post here to configure it as an access point.
http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?78963-Can-someone-post-their-settings-config-file-for-Archer-c7-v2-as-an-AP&p=156734&viewfull=1#post156734

You can configure wireless MAC filtering following the guide below.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-324.html
Options
2015-07-01 14:48:29
As far as I can tell, this will completely block the specified Wireless device from accessing the network entirely. I want to give it access to the gateway (another router) and no other internal network devices. I can imagine how I would do this with iptables, but I can't see how I can do this with the Archer C7.
Options
2015-07-02 10:26:51
I want to give it access to the gateway (another router) and no other internal network devices.
Like guest network?

If so, the problem is that you cannot configure C7 as an AP because you have to "
Allow Guest to Access My Local Network” to access internet.

Options
2015-07-02 23:52:33

Tony Seaford wrote

I want to give it access to the gateway (another router) and no other internal network devices.
Like guest network?

If so, the problem is that you cannot configure C7 as an AP because you have to "
Allow Guest to Access My Local Network” to access internet.

That's why I was trying using the Access Control rules, which seem to be completely ineffective when the C7 is acting as an access point. I guess I'll just have to get a better wireless router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 710

Replies: 4

Related Articles