No Internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No Internet access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No Internet access
No Internet access
2015-07-05 20:54:39
I have the exact same conditions. I just bought a pair set of 4010 and had them set up yesterday - worked great. Today, they refuse to connect to my network. When my machine tries to connect, it spends an age "identifying", eventually settling on "Unknown Network" with no internet access. It's actually no access at all - I can't see any other device in the house. My IP is also quite borked relative to what my DNS settings should land me on. I end up with:

IP: 169.254.241.231
Subnet: 255.255.0.0

Default gateway is a little funny, it's remarkably close to the MAC for my router, just one digit under.

T
Options
5 Reply
Re:No Internet access
2015-07-06 15:38:42
If powerline lights on two PA4010 are off, you may have pair them.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-258.html

If lights are normal but no internet access, check the main router is working or not...
Options
All lights on
2015-07-06 18:32:42
All three lights are on (eth traffic light blinks on occasion), the units are paired. I reset them and re-paired them. I changed the socket on the router unit several times.

These boxes worked PERFECTLY for at least 12 hours, and have now decided to barf.

Someone want to give me a reason why I shouldn't go for my money back?

T
Options
Just tried again
2015-07-06 18:48:23
Reset both units.

Plugged them both into a power strip together. Paired them.

Set one at the router, set one in my office.

Both units show three lights, 2nd and 3rd blinking occasionally.

Same problem. No connection established to anything. Packets are registering zero received. Crazy-stupid IP assigned.

What the living $%^& gives here? How can these things get good reviews when they simply just decide to up and die like this?

T
Options
2015-07-07 09:40:53
Try to configure correct static IP on your PC when the IP becomes 169.254.241.23...
If you still cannot access internet, try to replace them under warranty.
Options
2015-07-07 16:34:25
I'll just take them back to the store. They're three days old and already I've expended more time on them that, had it been billable, I'd have the money for three sets of them. So much for this brand.

T
Options